Read, Listen, Watch
Here are a few of the most interesting and entertaining things I have been reading, listening to and watching over the last week or so.
Does Training to Failure Maximize Muscle Hypertrophy? – A nice little summary of training to failure as it relates to hypertrophy. This remains a popular topic in part because academics continue to use training to failure as a way to standardize resistance training protocols. It would be nice if they used some common sense and stopped that shit one of these days.
The Art of Statistics: How to Learn from Data – I may very well include this book in a future research class or two.
Yes, lots of reading about drugs in sport, but I am working on something and probably will be for the next year or so 😉
- EconTalk – Andrew McAfee on More from Less
- Legion of Skanks – Ep. 436 – Pranqtifar – Aaron Berg – Not one for the easily offended 😉
- Contra Krugman – Ep. 208 Debt Is Money We Owe to Ourselves, Idiot!
From Part of the Problem.
- Ep. 496 – Authoritarians and Their Bitches
- Ep. 497 – Bullshit
- Ep. 498 – Insanity in Ohio
- Ep. 499 – Tulsi Goes Hard
From the Tom Woods show
- Ep. 1515 – Democrats Debate Again; Lew Rockwell and I Dismantle
- Ep. 1516 – Israel and Palestine: A Reexamination
From the Reason Podcast
- Reason Podcast – Is Everyone Wrong About NBA/China/Hong Kong Except South Park and…Ted Cruz?
- Charter Schools Don’t Cater To All Parents. Robert Pondiscio Explains Why That’s Good
- Interrobang by Bayside – Pretty good punk rock.
- Lilac by The Early November – Pretty good (don’t judge me, emo can be pretty good 😉
- Carry the Weight & From the First Note by We Came As Romans – Pretty good